deltaLock locks your Pocket PC's screen and buttons while it's in your pocket playing music or doing whatever would require it to stay switched on.
To lock your screen simply launch deltaLock and your screen will turn off. To unlock your screen again, press and hold down two hardware buttons. The default IDs
of these buttons are 195 and 198, which correspond to the "Windows" and "OK" buttons of a HTC Blue Angel but may vary with different hardware.
deltaLock is distributed under the GPL, so you might also consider it freeware. I'd love to get some feedback, so I can further improve my program!
To install, download the binary below, extract the zip file, then run the included cab on your Pocket PC. Note that you need the Microsoft .NET Compact Framework V1.0 (or any later version) to run deltaLock.
cute shortcuts in Programs menu
deltaLock 0.05 in action
Assigning a Button to deltaLock
old deltaLock 0.01
Things to try
- battery draining faster while using deltaLock? Don't forget to turn your phone off after locking.
- why not assign a hardware button to run deltaLock? Look in Start > Settings > Buttons.
- deltaLock has various locking modes. Don't like the default? Try out another.
- looking for an easier way of unlocking your phone? Assign the same button to both unlock button IDs.
- don't like having to switch on your phone before being able to unlock it? Set your device to wake up on any button press.
- receiving extra button ids when configuring? Tell the configure program to ignore them.
Vadim Schetinin has modified deltaLock to create a version that maps two additional buttons to adjust your Pocket PC's volume while deltaLock is running.
You can find the modified version on his website or mirrored locally.
Version History and Downloads
- deltaLock 0.05 [Download Binary] [Sourcecode]
Distributed as self-installing, easily-uninstalling .cab
Can be configured to not hog the focus or just blank the screen.
Sports new "yellow lock" icons.
Waits for buttons to be released before unlocking.
- deltaLock 0.04 [Download Binary] [Sourcecode]
Split off configuration resulting in faster startup times.
Watchdog task switches backlight back off should user interaction turn it on.
Enhanced GUI, configurability and documentation.
- deltaLock 0.03 [Download Binary] [Sourcecode]
Major rewrite of main program, now using GAPI.
Screen now gets turned off; two hardware buttons held down unlock it.
Settings are stored in the registry.
Configuration interface is accessible via command line parameter "/C".
- deltaLock 0.02
Black window; hardware button unlocks screen.
Settings stored in an .ini file.
Edit: compability problems, release scrapped.
- deltaLock 0.01 [Download Binary] [Sourcecode]
Dark background; four GUI elements unlock screen.
Not very beautiful, but working.